BLOG BUDDIES

April 23, 2010

Royal Ladies Challenge

A really neat challenge blog that I am new to is Small World of Inchies and Twinchies. Now if you don't know what an Inchy or Twinchy is, it is something that is either 1x1 or 2x2 in size. At first I was a bit intimidated because of the size but oh so fun :) The theme this week is "Royal Ladies", and my lady (if you want to call her that) is The Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland.

The canvas was painted black first then I made hearts with rubber cement and let it dry in order to cause the next coat of paint (which was lime green) to resist. Once the green paint was dry I rubbed the area with paper towel and the rubber cement came right off as well as the green paint. Sprayed with Watermelon Tattered Angels and added a coat of modge podge to the entire piece to provide a protective coating for the playing card (which my sister gave me from a box of Cracker Jacks back in the day). Shawn thank you for saving everything .

Hope you enjoy :)

2 comments:

K J D said...

Brilliant twinchie.... inchies and twinchies are addictive! I love yours it made me smile!

New challenge tomorrow:)
Karen

Nancy Dooren ~ Nans said...

I love this one!!! Beautiful!

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.