BLOG BUDDIES

June 2, 2010

Creative Therapy Challenge "How has art saved you"

Over at Creative Therapy blog, the catalyst is "How has art saved you". Take a moment and drop by their blog for some wonderful testimonies and beautiful art.
For me, art is "freedom". Free to be me, without judgement. I tend to be a perfectionist, and art heals me of this. I used to be concerned what others thought of my crafts, or cooking or whatever artistic endeavor I was involved in at the time, but not so much any more. I feel peaceful when I am creating. Like my bio says, whether it's my scrapbooking, my painting, music, dance "art has always brought the calm to my clatter".
This piece is actually going to be donated to "Have a Heart for Haiti" auction, where monies are going to be donated to the Red Cross to benefit recovery efforts for Haiti. If you would like to create for a wonderful cause, then check out the blog. You still have time to participate.

No comments:

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.