BLOG BUDDIES

March 13, 2011

He Aint Heavy He's My Brother

Simon Says Stamp theme is "Show Some Metal" and CCC #35 FINALE (or is it????) is Design Details on page 67 of "The Book".
I love things with dimension and textures and inks and paints and and and .... when I was done with this, I had blisters (from my glue gun), cuts and scratches (from the wires) and ink and paint everywhere.... mmmmmm so much fun! Picture is of my very talented brother Tracy G. For some "heavy inspring music" drop over to his website.

Using Golden Gel Medium, I coated a black gesso painted canvas to adhere the picture. The title was made using pieces of metal that were formed around Grundgeboard letters, some were attached to twinchie canvases for added interest.
Hope you enjoyed !!! Now go get messy !

xoxo Toni

2 comments:

Linda Ledbetter said...

Toni, I love your new avatar photo! You look fabulous in purple!

Fantastic work on the CCC finale! I love your use of metal and texture to make this incredible cool homage to your rockin' brother! You used the Design Details technique brilliantly!

Thank you so much for being part of the CCC, and I very much hope you'll come back for the next chapter!

Netty said...

Oh wow what a wonderful piece of art. I really love this, so punchy. Annette x

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.