BLOG BUDDIES

December 16, 2012

Secret Santa

Christmas greetings and today's project from Saturday in the Studio is a gift bag and tag for my Secret Santa gift at work. 


Today I am working with two products that can be purchased in my Etsy shop, the Manila Tag measures 6.25" x 3.25" and gives you plenty of creative room to use for decorating a collage, mini art, tag for gifting and so much more. You can stamp, ink, alter, paint, distress, embellish and the surface accepts wet and dry techniques. Also, I'm featuring 2011 Christmas Seasonal Series Distressed Inks, all available in my Etsy store and they come in 3 festive colors: Evergreen Bough, Festive Berries, & Iced Spruce.
 I used all three of my Distressed Inks to color up my snowflake stamp and stamped my bag as well as my Kraft color tissue paper. I then embossed some more snowflakes in black.(I wanted to keep it a bit masculine as it was for a male employee that works with me) 
I then decided to run my Distressed Ink over my craft sheet and spray water to create droplets and then ran my manila tag over the colors and heat set. Applied a Martha Stewart Snowflake punch to the tag for interest. Distressed the edges with Iced Spruce. Added the words "Christmas Greetings" from my Ideaology Seasonal ChitChat Stickers. Them I embossed David's name and some snowflakes randomly in black on the tag. Tied natural & black jute cord to the tag and bag. 


Stop by my store for many other products for your crafting needs. You can also purchase Etsy gift cards for that crafting friend so they can go shopping after Christmas. Enjoy putting your own personal touch to your packages this holiday season. xoxo Toni

No comments:

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.