BLOG BUDDIES

November 19, 2013

Frosty & Friends

 
Merry Christmas everyone, here is another project I was working on for my craft boutique I'm involved with.
 
I found these adorable glass light bulb decanters at Hobby Lobby and was actually going to use them for some Steampunk art...... but I saw this really cute post on PINTEREST using real light bulbs and make snowmen out of them and decided these decanters would work perfectly ....
 
I halfway filled the inside with snowballs and iridescent snow flakes. Then I started embellishing the tops. Removed the wires and cut and frayed some Christmas ribbon to tie for a scarf around the base of the top. Added greenery, berries, pinecones (from my yard... ♥ having pine trees close by) . I added some little rusty starts to the top. Then I made the little top hats using stiff black felt, tied jute with a bell around the hat added a bit of Snow Tex to the top of the hat and then it was glued on top of the bulb. Also gathered some twigs from out in the yard, cut to size for the arms and last but not least for the face I used Scribbles 3-D fabric paint. So easy and so much fun to make.... hope you were inspired  .... xoxo Toni


1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Hi - I just found your blog ... your talent is amazing. Thank you for sharing your wonderful works of art.

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.