BLOG BUDDIES

November 12, 2013

Tis' The Season

Do I hear Ho Ho Ho... yep Christmas is right around the corner and there is glitter all over my house. This project was so much fun. I took a papermache cone that I bought at the local craft store and made a Christmas Victorian Tussy Mussy.  Covered it with musical paper inside and out.

The inside came together as follows:
For the filler I took white cardstock and crimped it then cut thin strips and crumpled it all up in a ball, and gave it a good spray of Heidi Swapp's Gold Lame spray. Stamped "Tis The Season" in gold embossing glitter and placed it in this tiny gold frame I had which fit perfectly in the cone. Took a tiny bottle brush tree that I had bleached, then covered it with diamond dust and adorned it with tiny bells. Added bulbs, pink holly leaves (all these items were adhered with my glue gun.

For the outside I sprayed the entire cone with Heidi Swapp Gold Lame spray and then , I used my vintage pink tinsel which can be purchased here at my Etsy shop and glued 2 rows around the top of the cone as well as made a handle for hanging. Glued iridescent pink pearls to the top of the tinsel. Finished it off with a rosette die cut from Sizzix Alterations Mini Rosette and added more holly leaves and a gemstone for the middle. I am really pleased how this turned out. I love the shabby chic look of this. Get your glitter out and make something sparkle for Christmas... have fun !

xoxo Toni

No comments:

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.