BLOG BUDDIES

June 9, 2014

It's Art Journal Time

Calgon take me away... or better yet... Art journal take me away ! When I'm stressed, depressed, overwhelmed or I need something to jumpstart my creative days, my art journal always seems to come to the rescue. Sometimes I can spend hours on a page, yet other times I only mess around for 30 minutes or so. 
 
As a crafter sometimes its hard to get rid of the silliest things, and old inked, painted paper towels seems to be one of those for me. I tend to have a pile sitting around to use on my collages, journals or layouts. That's what formed the base for this journal page. I first added a layer of white gesso and then applied my recycled paper towels to the pages. Added some doilies for texture. Using Golden's modeling paste, I created more texture with my circle stencil. Next applied some more color with my Gelatos. Last but not least, randomly stamped some images with black STAZON. Using metal plumbers tape, I cut out the letters "ART" and then finished off with the quote on my tag.
 
It was just enough creative warm up to get me in the mood for a day of scrapbooking. I find, sometimes you hit a creative block and you just need to work on something that has absolutely no boundaries and that is what my art journal does for me. Happy creatimg. TFL xoxo Toni

No comments:

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.