BLOG BUDDIES

September 7, 2014

The Dark of Night - Unruly RAQ

Hi everyone... hope you are having a nice weekend. This month's Readers Art Quest (RAQ) @ Unruly Paper Arts is "The Dark Of Night". I'm in California, USA and it has been 94 degrees at night, so I'm just loving the cool palette of these colors. Blues, Pewters, Grays, Charcoals....  also for inspiration is this photo to get your mojo going.
I had lots of fun creating my mixed media canvas. I busted out my "Goosebumps" product that I have had for ages (completely forgot about it). When sprayed and then dried, it leaves little bumps and texture ... hence goosebumps. The background was painted first with acrylics and then sprayed with Lindys sprays, assorted blue colors for a shimmer. The moon and stars (goosebumps...lol) were highlighted with Distress Paint Pewter.  The stamps I used were from Oxford Impressions. I also used Distressed Embossing Powder in Pumice Stone for the walkway. I love how it gives that sandy, rocky look.
I hope you join in with our team and create something with these beautiful colors. Enter your project and you will have a chance for a mystery bag of goodies and some items from our sponsor this month Eyelet Outlet. Thanks for stopping by and watch out for "Things That Go Bump In The Night"

2 comments:

Michele said...

this is outstanding! perfect for the UPA theme. xo

Julie Lee said...

Hi Toni! What a beautiful piece of work this is! I love your colour scheme and interpretation of the theme of Dark of Night! Great work! Julie Ann (UPA)

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.