BLOG BUDDIES

November 7, 2014

What's Cookin"

Hi eveyone, it's November and our focus this month at Unruly PaperArts is "Make & Bake"... hummm you say, what could that mean??? Well this month we'll  focus on any products you use to make/bake items/embellishments in your crafting using FIMO, MOLD PUTTY, MOLDING CLAY, MELT ART, RESINS, SHRINK PLASTICS etc.
I'm getting geared up for the holidays and starting on my gift boxes.  This month at Unruly our sponsor is AMAZING CRAFTING PRODUCTS which is the maker of Amazing Mold Putty. This product is so easy to use and so versatile. In the molds you can use, clay, hot glue, UTEE,  resin, plaster, wax, chocolate, soap and the list goes on and on. 
I chose to use UTEE in my molds and create some pretty angel wings for my gift box. Simple and so effective. While I was heating up the UTEE I also decided to dip my poinsettias in the hot goodness and this created a faux crystal-like flower... So pretty. I will be entering this piece in the following challenges:

Check out my SNAPGUIDE tutorial for step x step procedure on this project. 
Check out How to Make Embellishments Using UTEE & Magic Mold Putty by Toni Burks-Grijalva on Snapguide.


Keeping with the make and bake theme I also decided to make some candy canes with SCULPTY clay to dress up my windows on my gingerbread house. The gingerbread house holds a mini album which is specifically for my holiday baking pictures.  
 Santa is even coming down the chimney in this house.


This was such a fun project, loads of techniques and I can't wait to start putting my pictures in the mini album. Hope you enjoyed this post. Be sure to check out the November issue at Unruly throughout the month there will be some AMAZING projects and tutorials provided by the design team to inspire your holiday crafting. And join in on this month's RAQ (Readers Art Quest) which is "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" and link up and you could possibly win something from AMAZING CRAFTING PRODUCTS.  I will be entering this piece in the following challenges: 
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - November Challenge Anything Goes
For a step x step tutorial on this project, check out my SNAPGUIDE tutorial 

Check out How to Create Paper Mache Gingerbread House by Toni Burks-Grijalva on Snapguide.

10 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Toni,
Wow...What gorgeous decorations, the box is beautiful. I have done this technique myself with paper flowers and know how gorgeous they can be, but yours are stunning. I am so pleased you have entered this into our Challenge this month at The Mirror Crack'd, I do not see a pic of the House on the Challenge blog, please put a photo of this up, we would all love to see it.

Smiles:)
Sue (TMC dt)

ddazzled71 said...

I am loving both of these projects Toni, your Angel wings and Poinsettia on your first one are just gorgeous. xx

Sandra Wright. said...

I just love your gingerbread house...
Thank you for joining us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Toni, the gift box is gorgeous, so much lovely detail, perfect for the challenge this month at The Mirror Crack'd. Thanks for joining in and good luck with the challenge,
Angela R. X

Chana Malkah said...

Your star project is quite lovely! Thanks so much for sharing it with us here at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Sammy said...

Love, love, LOVE that gingerbread house! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

Rita Marie said...

Toni these are just fantastic! You are so very creative and I love your work. Thank you for joining us over at The Mirror Crack'd. xo Rita Marie

trisha too said...

Such beautiful Christmas projects--Toni, that gingerbread house is absolutely amazing!!!!

:)

May said...

Stunning Christmas creations...Love the Beautiful box & Amazing Gingerbread house....Thank you so much for joining us at Altered Eclectics....Hugs May x x

Beccalite said...

Wow your gingerbread house is awesome, what a wonderful piece of art and such a clever idea.

Thank you so much for coming over and joining us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit.

Great Big Huge Hugs

Becca xxx (DT Member)

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.