BLOG BUDDIES

January 2, 2015

New York New York

HAPPY 2015 everyone !!! Hope you had a safe holiday time... whether it was running around like crazy or simply snuggled on the couch relaxing, I hope you had a wonderful New Years celebration. 

This month at Unruly PaperArts, our RAQ (Readers Art Quest) is focused on "Global Traveler" and to provide more inspiration you can use the following color palette. This month's theme is perfect timing for me because I will be going to New York to visit my daughter in one week... Yipee !!! 

 I decided to get me one of these Tim Holtz Collection Folio's that you can alter to create a place to keep tickets, receipts, photos & memorabilia from your trip. So I thought it would be the perfect travel companion for my trip to New York. 
It comes with cascading tabs for attaching photos, tags etc for holding all your travel mementos. 

This month's sponsor for Unruly is also Pan Pastels... and if you haven't used this luscious medium before then you need to try them. They remind me of a pancake makeup... like a powder but much more creamy and are beautiful to work with.  I actually used them on my metal letters for my title... First gesso'd the letters to prime the metal, then I applied the Pan Pastel, I then sprayed hair spray on top to seal and once dried I applied a bit of Inka Gold to highlight a bit. In the next couple days I will be adding more pictures of the inside of my folio to show you different ideas for organizing your receipts, tickets etc. from your travel destination. 

So where do you want to travel to... get those creative thinking hats on and come play with us, link up your masterpiece and have a chance of winning this month's wonderful prize of  Jane Davenports new book - Beautiful Faces, compliments of Unruly PaperArts. xoxo Toni

No comments:

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.