BLOG BUDDIES

March 24, 2015

A Treasure Created From Trash

Well March is almost over but our "Trash To Treasure" theme is still going on at Unruly PaperArts. As crafters we are always looking for new ways to repurpose and give new life to throw away items. This month my design team project is a mini album created from a cardboard box. I used coffee sleeves from my local coffee shop to hold my photo tags and a cd.

This mini album is going to my daughters father so I wanted it to be more masculine without the flowers and blingy embellishments. Using an assortment of different paper lines I think I was able to capture a perfect keepsake. 
Recently on a visit to New York to visit my daughter we were able to take in so many wonderful sites and we took a ton of pictures. Even though this album is only 5 pages is holds over 45 photos, so I'm sure her father will enjoy going through the pictures. 

I used many embellishments and ephemera from T!m Holtz's Ideology packages. The distressed manila tags fit perfectly in each coffee sleeve. 


This month at Unruly we have the pleasure of having Rubber Dance Stamp company for our sponsor and so many of their stamps were perfect for my project. 

So glad I had an apothecary jar FULL of my distressed tags all ready to create with. For my tutorial on how I tea stain and distress these please check my SNAPGUIDE tutorial HERE

I also decided to put copies of the photos on a CD for the recipient so he could always make duplicates if he wanted. This was a really fun project, didn't cost much means most of it I had laying around the house. I hope you decide to play along with us this month at Unruly. Be sure to link up your project.  Drop by to get some wonderful inspiration of Trash to Treasure. Happy Crafting ! 
For a step x step tutorial check out my SNAPGUIDE  below
Check out How to Make Mini Album From Cardboard Box by Toni Burks-Grijalva on Snapguide.

No comments:

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.