BLOG BUDDIES

November 6, 2015

Thankful

Hi everyone... I am loving this cool weather and excited that it is now fall. This month Creative Embellishments is the proud sponsor at CSI 
We are working on Case # 181 and here is the amazing color palette to inspire you. 
What I chose for my evidence was the following: Kraft background, pencil work in background, frame  & gear / cog which was accomplished with CE Gear Corners, clocks, stamps, string which I used twine at the top of the page. 

My testimony is my handwritten message to my little boy at the bottom of the layout... "Momma's litte angel" 

Here is my take on the case: 
Lots of distressing going on here with my background paper, I stamped the hot air balloons using two different inks... Espresso & Peacock Feathers in order to achieve the colors in the palette. 
Embossing glue was splattered on the background and then Lindy's embossing powder in Desert Turquoise Blue was heat set to achieve a bubbly effect. 

My title says it all.... "THANKFUL"... I truly am thankful to have my little guy in my life... he is like my shadow following me everywhere when I am home. Sometimes getting on my nerves because he often does not want me to craft because he can't sit on my lap while I paint.... lol 

The title was achieved by painting it white first then a coat of DecoArts Crackle Varnish and once dry I applied Raw Umber & Cobalt Turquoise Antiquing Creme to the title. It filled in the cracks beautifully. 
The gear corners and clock were stamped with Andy Skinner Industrial Rust stamps and then DecoArts Quinacridone Gold was applied. Once dry I heat embossed Jukikins Rusty Tin Can for that grungy look and then applied Vintaj's Patina in Verdigris for that beautiful teal. The roses were sprayed with Lindys Tawn Turquoise Moonshadow and Sassy Sapphire Starburst sprays. 

I hope you enjoyed this layout and were inspired to create.. Have a spectacular week... 
Creatively yours, Toni


No comments:

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.