BLOG BUDDIES

January 1, 2016

Happy 2016 !!!

Hi everyone... can't believe it's already a new year... a new beginning... new journeys... new lessons. It's an exciting time ! So let's start it off with a new project for Rhedds Creative Spirit, which as always is altered art or mixed media project. My design team project was Christmas gift giving in these inexpensive jars I purchased at Hobby Lobby. I believe they were $4.29 with 40 % coupon, the price is just right because I needed to make several for my neighbors.

It started like this... 

I simply added some burlap around the jar and used my glue gun to adhere, then added assorted Christmas florals, which I added SnowTex to the branches and while still wet sprinkled Diamond Dust glitter. The fruit was layered with silver glitter and bells and cranberries were attached. 

I usually make my tags but couldnt resist these tags I saw at Michaels Craft Store. Regular price is $1.50 but 75% off... hey can't pass up a deal. I just added some SnowTex and Diamond Dust to the tag and attached with jute around the jar. 
It's so much fun to take something and put your own spin on it, makes it just that more personal. The jars were then filled with my homemade white chocolate popcorn. Recipe below. 

One large pot of popped corn placed in large bowl.
One 12 oz bag of white chocolate chips melted 
Add your white chocolate to the popcorn and mix well. 
Spoon mixture on wax paper and allow to set up. This only takes a few minutes. 
Once the mixture has set, breakup into pieces and ready to eat. YUMMMMM

I hope you enjoyed this easy tutorial, wishing you blessings for a New Year and be sure to create and link up with us at Rhedds Creative Spirit. 


4 comments:

a Seeker of the TRUTH said...

A very thoughtful and yummy gift!

Rupa Swaminathan said...

I love your festive touch to this otherwise boring jar! So simple yet looks great. Wishing you a happy and creative 2016. Hugs.

Sandra Wright. said...

What a transformation of a plain old jar....loving the decoration Toni.

Wishing you and yours a Wonderful New Year...xx

My Side of Oz said...

Toni, you have me starving with that popcorn candy! This is the perfect gift for anyone and I love the tag and price! and your arrangement is as yummy looking as the popcorn! Happy New Year! xx

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.